Sarah Gubits, LCSW-C
Clinical Social Work Therapist
- Years in Practice: 10+ Years
- Education: St. Mary’s College, BA; Virginia Commonwealth University, MSW
- License No. and State: 14219 Maryland, LC50079551 District of Columbia
- Certified AASECT Sex Therapist
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist
- Certified Imago Singles Therapist
- Certificate Of Completion from the Sexual Health Certificate Program from the University of Michigan
- Completion of EMDR training, Level 1
Sarah Gubits, LCSW-C is an individual, couples and sex therapist. When working with her clients, Sarah helps them find and build on their strengths rather than focusing on their weaknesses. She creates an atmosphere of warmth and empathy and encourages clients to take an active role in changing their lives and meeting their goals. With depressed and anxious clients, Sarah works with them to alleviate their suffering and craft a path towards more satisfaction and fulfillment. She welcomes LGBTQ+ individuals and couples.
In couples therapy, Sarah creates safety to explore sensitive issues, as well as conflict. Couples are taught ways to improve their communication. She helps them develop strategies to change their negative interactions and enhance their relationship outside of the therapy session.
Sarah has a passion for working with individuals and couples to promote their sexual health. She uses a compassionate, structured approach to improve a clients’ sexual self-esteem and helps couples build or rebuild a rewarding and fun sexual relationship.
Sarah is able to adapt her therapy to the needs of the client by integrating Imago relationship couples therapy, Intensive Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). After completing her Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) at Virginia Commonwealth University, Sarah worked at the Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) in Rockville, Maryland and then joined Guttman and Pearl Associates. Sarah is a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist. She is a certified AASECT sex therapist.