- Years in Practice: 16 Years
- Education: MA, California Institute of Integral Studies, Counseling Psychology
- License No. and State: LCM453 Maryland
- Level I training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Externship and Core Skills training in EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Level I and Level II training in PACT ( Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy)
- Certified Facilitator of PREPARE/ENRICH
- Gestalt Therapy Internship at California Institute of Integral Studies
- Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
As a therapist for 16 years, Erika has been refining her skills working with individual adults and couples. Erika focuses on helping her clients optimize their relationship, as she views trusting and connected relationships to be the cornerstones of strong mental strength and satisfaction in life. Erika’s therapy style is warm, witty, and down to earth- yet candid and direct. Her approach includes focusing on the problem at hand, as well as respectfully challenging her clients to grow and develop in new ways.
Erika works with couples of all sexual orientations, and in all stages of their relationship to improve the emotional, mental, and sexual connection. She has special interest in repairing and rebuilding relationships after infidelity. Erika is comfortable and knowledgeable in addressing sexual issues for couples and individuals.
With individual clients, Erika focuses on treating depression and anxiety, related to various life stressors- disconnection in a marriage, separation, divorce, trauma and grief. This is often done by the treating the problem looking at the past, including neglect and abuse that can often make management of routine stress and loss feel especially challenging.
Erika has completed advanced training in multiple modalities of couples therapy. These approaches offer new skills to help couples connect in new and positive ways.