Emilie Gomart, LCMFT
Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist
- Years in Practice: 10+ Years
- M. Phil. University of Cambridge, England.
- PhD (Anthropological study of a French experimental methadone clinic for the treatment of addiction.)
- Counceling Diploma, Dutch Academy of Psychotherapy, The Netherlands.
- Core energetics (4-year somatic therapy specialization) diploma, the Netherlands.
- M. Ed. Marriage and Family Therapy Virginia Tech.
- Sex Therapy post-graduate training, University of Michigan.
- Certified AASECT Sex Therapist
- Emotionally Focused couples Therapy (EFT) – training comlete
- Certificate of Completion from Circle of Security
For assistance in selecting the best therapist for your situation, contact either Gail or Gwen.
NW DC Office
Gwen Enfield Pearl
Emilie Gomart is a relationship and sex therapist with over 10 years experience in the USA and in The Netherlands. She specializes in working with couples who experience betrayal, dissatisfaction or conflict in their relationship and who want to improve their physical intimacy and/or their emotional connection. She collaborates with both partners to create a safe environment where each partner feels heard and respected and where they both can define the course and goals of therapy. Emilie is particularly attentive to connecting deeply and equally to each partner.
Emilie’s style of therapy is active and engaged. Emilie integrates sensorimotor psychotherapy, Gestalt, self psychology, as well as relational and systemic therapies to assist clients in exploring their current and past relationships and how the past might be affecting the present.
She allows clients to become aware of and to express their verbal and nonverbal experiences through simple ‘experiments’ during the session and homework exercises at home. She guides clients with humor and warmth towards a better understanding of themselves and of their partner and helps partners co-create new, satisfying and enlivening ways of communicating and relating.
Emilie Gomart is an AASECT-certified sex therapist and licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She has completed the training (externship and internship) in Emotionally Focused couples Therapy (EFT) and is engaged in the specialized training in couples therapy at the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy (ICP+P). Emilie also has expertise in parenting issues and is a certified Circle of Security Facilitator.